You are here: FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

A. To successfully receive mail you must use your full name followed by the College address:
Keble College
Parks Road
There is no need to include a college room number. The Porter's Lodge can also receive parcels on your behalf.

A. This is your billing account with College. Accommodation, meals in Hall, refreshments from Cafe Keble, printing in the computer room, will all be charged to your Battels account.

A. Weekday lunch is popular with graduates. Dinner in Hall is also popular, especially on Sunday evenings, however, Saturday informal hall is the exception. Graduates invariably book for the 3 course dinner option and aim to sit together, similarly for lunch.

A. Generally, the MCR is a safe place to leave items, as the entrances are controlled by swipe-card access, however, you do so at your own risk.

A. The College has provided for bicycle racks within college on the side of Blackhall Road. There are also multiple bicycle racks at the Acland Site. You will need to obtain a free Keble bike tag from the porters lodge to be allowed to park in Keble. This is in order to identify old and unused bikes from departed Keblites. The College does fine you for parking your bike inappropriately. The covered bicycle racks located by the gate on Museum Road are not for student use!

A. The Documents section contains a document describing who is eligible to join the MCR as associate member as well as a the membership form that you need to complete and pidge to the secretary.

A. Yes, there are many available including travel, hardship and academic grants. Find more information on the following webpage:

A. Keble is renowned for its sporting prowess and the MCR sports multiple fun oriented teams such as cricket. See the MCR sports page for more information.

A. Historically this has been St. John’s college who envy us for our sporting prowess as well as academic superiority. However, lately St. Edmund Hall (Teddy Hall) has taken its place as it is the only college that tries to seriously challenge Keble in the rugby cuppers and league competitions. It is advisable that you act with utmost cautiousness when visiting these colleges.

A. You will need to contact the Treasurer to check for availability. If successful, you will need to fill in a form and pay a £10 deposit.

Q. Is the rumour true that St. John’s college student’s mix their shandy with lots of lemonade?
A. Yes, for some non-apparent reason St. John's college students have developed a particular taste for shandy (beer and lemonade) mixed with an inappropriate amount of lemonade. Fortunately, this has not been taken up by any other college, hence you can be assured that the quality of beverages in Keble MCR will be vastly superior to the shandy mixing traditions of St. John's college.

A. If you have any housekeeping issues, please report to Janet Knight, Keble's Housekeeping Manager, via email: (include relevant details such as your room number)!

A. If you have any maintenance issues, go to the Lodge (main site), ask the Porter for a maintenance slip, fill out the details and hand it back to the Porter.
Please feel free to report issues within communal areas, not just your own room.
If it's an EMERGENCY, e.g. flooding or dangerous situation, please call the Lodge immediately on 272727 (internal) and report it to a Porter.s